Cobbs Brow App
We are pleased to let you know that we now have a new school app that you can download for free from our school website. The app will help ensure communication between school and home is further strengthened and will support us by reducing the amount of paper and photocopying we use in school. This not only saves money but also helps school to reduce its carbon footprint.
The school app will eventually replace our texting service and parents will receive messages from school via their mobile device. Mums, dads, carers, grandparents etcetera can all download our app which will help the whole family keep up to date with news and events about Cobbs Brow. The app also allows users to view school term dates, contact details for school, whole school newsletters, report and absence and links to our website. Furthermore, links are made to class pages where weekly newsletters can be found. Parents will also be able to complete an electronic form to inform the school of any absences. In the near future, we are planning to introduce an online booking system for parents evening and consent letters will also be made available. More features will be introduced once the app is up and running.
DOWNLOADING THE APP.
To download the app please use your mobile phone or tablet:
1. Go to our school website at cobbsbrowschool.co.uk.
2. Once you are on the website please scroll to the bottom of the page. Here you will be shown two options, Apple Store and Google Play.
3. If you have an android device:
• Click on Google Play. You can then download the app by clicking on the install button on the Cobbs Brow icon.
4. If you have an iphone:
• Click on Apple Apps Store. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Cobbs Brow icon. This will download the app. IMPORTANT: For Apple devices, once you have downloaded the app, you need to Trust it in order for it to work. Instructions on how to do this are provided online within the link. (Settings / General / Device Management / Trust Parent Apps)
5. For android and iPhone users please log in to the app by entering the following username and password:
Username: cobbsbrow Password: parent
6. Iphone users: Once you have entered the login details you may be asked a series of questions:
• Offline Caching please select Yes.
• Allow access to your location. This is a standard request. We by no means know or have access to anyone’s location but you need to select Yes in order to receive push notifications from the school.
• The next message is to then enable push notifications. This is important that you select NOTIFY ME.
• The last message will say “The school will like to send you Notifications” please press OK.
7. Once you have logged on please complete the register form. The link can be found at the bottom of the app page. It does not take long to complete and you will only have to do this one time.
If you have any questions about logging on then please email email@example.com or ask to speak to a member of staff in school.
We are all very excited about our new app and we are confident it will be a very efficient way to communicate with home. Over the next weeks we will send home further information and advice.
Mr I Eaton